Podcast Episode #65: Kenneth Weston - It's All About Jesus
Posted: May 08 2017
Kenneth has over a decade of ministry experience. He currently lives in Colorado and serves on staff at his local church. He and his wife Andrea have three children. Kenneth's life has been forever changed by pursuing a genuine, dynamic relationship with Jesus.
iTunes - Episode #65: Kenneth Weston - It's All About Jesus
IT'S ALL ABOUT JESUS
Sometimes it takes something drastic in our lives for us to start seeking a true, personal relationship with Jesus.
God doesn't send negative circumstances, the enemy does, but He can use those situations to draw us closer to Him.
Dive into the Word
- Let it show you the Truth. Come without preconceived notions or ideas.
- Ask God to reveal Himself through His Word. Be open. “Holy Spirit, show me something today.”
- Completely surrender your will, dreams, hopes, to God.
- The experience or our are emotions are not the main event, it’s spiritual hunger that grows and develops, a daily choice to seek Him and His truth.
- Matthew 5:6 - "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."
“A lot of people don’t let the bible get in the way of their beliefs.” Is the Word changing your beliefs?
Getting to Know Jesus
- We can't live from feeling to feeling. It’s not about a big event/service/experience.
- Is Jesus just an acquaintance? Jesus is always our friend, but are we his friend?
- Be willing to do whatever it takes. To wake up earlier, sacrifice a tv show, social time. Knowing him is first priority.
- Talk to him throughout the day. "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." James 1:22
- Jesus will work in you to create a desire to live out the Word and give you the grace to do it. It’s an ongoing, daily process, requiring self-evaluating every day.
- Each day is step closer in knowing Jesus. It doesn't happen all at once, it’s a relationship, built by spending time together.
- Get Real: where is your heart? Is your heart seeking to know him? Or seeking things, a title, a relationship?
- Listen to people who are living out the Word.
- Read John 15
- When you read the bible, ask yourself, is what you're reading the Word a reality in your life?
- Use car time to listen to worship music. What can you change in your day-to-day to practically spend more time with Jesus?