Podcast Episode #55: Ryan Frank - Leading the Most Important Organization
Posted: Feb 27 2017
Ryan serves as a bi-vocational pastor, CEO of KidzMatter, creator of 12 Stone Ventures and the co-founder of The Leverage Group.
Ryan and his wife, Beth, publish KidzMatter Magazine, a publication for those who minister to kids and families in the church. He is the author of 9 Things They Didn’t Teach Me in College About Children’s Ministry, Pulse (KidzMatter), Give Me Jesus, and The Volunteer Code.
Ryan serves as the co-Founder and Dean of Kidmin Academy, the co-Founder of Kidmin Nation, and the Executive Director of the Sam Chand Leadership Institute.
Google Play - Episode #55: Ryan Frank - Leading the Most Important Team
LEADING THE MOST IMPORTANT ORGANIZATION
Making Family Your Priority
- If you don’t fight for your family, nobody else will.
- Your schedule shows where your heart is.
- Love is spelled T-I-M-E with kids.
- Give your family your best self.
- Choose to fight & prioritize time with your spouse and kids.
- Lay down your phone or put it in another room.
- Don't open your laptop at home.
- Schedule dates with your spouse and kids.
- Block out family time in your calendar if you need to.
Time with Your Kids: Quality or Quantity?
- Our greatest disciples are our kids.
- Our kids don't care about our resume or stats. Be a hero at home.
Kids need both quality time and quantity time.
- Let your kids know that they are your priority when you're with them.
- Try to keep your laptop / work stuff out of the way at home.
- Find activities that you can do with your kids.
- When you’re there, BE THERE.
- Engage your kids in your activities if they're with you when your working/volunteering.
Praise & Appreciation
- We are wired to need to feel valued and appreciated.
- Kids need to know that they are special, valued, loved, and beautiful on the inside & out.
- When your kids know they're appreciated and valued, it sets them up for a life of success.
- Your praise and appreciation MUST BE VERBALIZED.
- Your spouse and kids need to HEAR it with your words.
Four Obligations of the Christian Leader
- Walk with God: This is where your relationship to your family starts. Are your kids seeing you engage in your relationship with God
- Lead: A leader is an influencer. This requires intentionality.
- Work well with other leaders: Don't go at it alone. You need friends and mentors.
- Equip others: How well are you equipping your spouse and kids to be the people God’s called them to be? Start by humbly asking God for help and to show you steps.