Podcast Episode #24: Robert Barriger - Creating a first world church in a third world country
Posted: Feb 14 2016
Pastor Robert and his family have been missionaries in Peru for over twenty years. He first started out ministering in the hot jungles, but eventually moved to Lima, the capital of Peru, to minister to youth. With a handful of young but excited believers, he started a church, and now Camino de Vida is growing fast. Not only that, but Pastor Robert is involved in a nationwide church planting movement, starting Camino de Vida churches all across the country. His desire, along with his wife Karen and his children, is to show God’s love in a tangible way, through humanitarian aid and outreach projects through an organization called Life Missions.
Creating a first world church in a third world country:
Why create a first world church?
- He wanted to build a church that was as good as churches in the United States.
- He believed the people of Peru, though living in poverty, deserved it.
- If people come to a church that is a little nicer it helps them go home and raise their standard in their own neighborhoods and homes.
- He created LIFE MISSIONS with the purpose of serving the city.
- A little can go a long way when you live in a nation of poverty.
"SERVICE OPENS THE HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE."
- Stay the course. Don’t get discouraged in the hard times. It’s worth it.
"STAY THE COURSE. IT'S WORTH IT."
To get involved with the life change Camino de Vida is a part of, visit lifemissions.com.
On the Creative Sheep Podcast, we talk to people who are good at what they do to inspire leaders to get better. Don't miss an episode. SUBSCRIBE now!