Podcast Episode #31: Beth Vaughn - Life.Church Creative Axioms
Posted: May 29 2016
Beth Vaughn was born and raised in Oklahoma. After attending the University of Oklahoma (Go Sooners!), she accepted a position at Life.Church as a filmmaker in 2006. Currently, she is the Central Group Leader of Creative Media at Life.Church.
Life.Church Creative Media Team
TEAM STRUCTURE - 5 Areas
1. Graphic Design
3. Content Development
VOLUNTEER CREATIVE TEAM
- They are currently working on developing a volunteer creative team.
- It is important to equip volunteers but also teach them the heart and the vision of what the church is about.
THE ROLE OF THE TEAM
- Functions as a ministry.
- Creates tools for the individual campuses. Every campus may not need everything they make but they have access to it.
- Each member is expected to serve at a campus in a volunteer position. This allows them to experience the campus and ministry from the perspective of a volunteer.
The Creative Media Team Axioms from Life.Church:
WE ARE A MINISTRY
- We base decisions on our spiritual values first, and on our artistic skill second.
WE CREATE TO SOLVE
- Our art is a given.
- Our greatest skill is bringing creative solutions to difficult problems.
- We eat budgets and deadlines for breakfast.
- Constraints fuel creativity.
- We don’t wait for the muse to show up.
- We chase ideas with research, dreams, and plans.
- We don’t seek recognition for our creations; we seek to recognize our Creator.
- We work hard to set others up for success.
- We know our ideas never run out, so we share them generously and joyfully.
- Before we make a move, we show respect by sharing information accurately and often.
- We prepare for the known, and expect the unknown.
- Setbacks build resilience and grit, so we use them to our advantage.
On the Creative Sheep Podcast, we talk to people who are good at what they do to inspire leaders to get better. Don't miss an episode. SUBSCRIBE now!